Targeted Advertising & Privacy Opt-out
- To opt out of TPN Display Targeting click here.
- To opt out of emails, please use the link at the bottom of emails set by TPN or a related advertiser.
Choices for personal information
- Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some TPN features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
- You can decline to submit personal information to any of our promotions, in which case TPN may not be able to provide those services to you.
- You can use the opt-out service via the link at the top of this page to opt-out of the TPN targeting cookie. This will prevent TPN from storing demographic and interest data about you or your online behaviour, this mean that ads will be displayed in a random fashion and will not be targeted to your likely interests.
TPN servers banner ads, email ads and opt-in offers across a network of sites, mobile apps and email lists. TPN utilises a range of techniques in the execution of these activities some of which includes storing non-identifiable and identifiable information about you. You can opt-out of such tracking using the links described below.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that TPN does not own or control, or to people that TPN does not employ or manage. TPN collects personally identifiable information when you register and/or complete questions on TPN powered promotions and offers.
Information we collect and how we use it
TPN uses information for two general purposes: to allow advertisers to market their products and services to you based upon your profile, and to analyse and provide analysis in aggregate form based on member profiles. This includes the use of browser cookies to display relevant ads on other websites. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up for a promotion or offer that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, address). We may combine the information you submit with information from other TPN services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to provide our services to our publishers and advertisers.
- Log information - Our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you email TPN, we retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
Generic TPN Advertising Cookie
TPN uses a generic cookie on its publishers websites to help advertisers and publishers serve and manage ads across the web. When you visit a website and view or click on an ad served through these websites, we may place the TPN cookie on your browser.
How we use the Generic TPN cookie information to enable the following ad serving features:
- Frequency Capping: Prevents users from seeing the same ad over and over again.
- Post impression conversions: Provides reports to advertisers on how many people who were exposed to an ad, didn't click, but subsequently visited the advertiser's website or converted to a desired action.
- Post click conversions; provides reports to advertisers on how many people clicked on an ad and subsequently converted to a desired action.
- Audit, research, and analyse the data in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services;
- Ensure that our ad-serving technologies function properly; and
- Develop new services.
Targeting TPN Cookie
TPN uses Targeting cookies to improve your online experience, including the display of more relevant ads. Anyone may opt out of the TPNs targeting cookie at any time by clicking the link above.
How we use the targeting TPN cookie;
- Interest-Based Advertising: Allows advertisers to serve ads to users on TPN publisher websites based on online activity and interests associated with the Targeting cookie and to serve subsequent ads to you after you leave that advertiser's website.
- Demographic-Based Advertising: Allows advertisers to serve ads to users on TPN publisher websites based on activities and demographic information associated with the Targeting cookie.
Personal Information Cookie
TPN uses Personal Information Cookie to capture, store and transfer personal information you provide during the completion of a registration form, promotion or offers we power. The registration form, promotion or offer may ask for name, email address, birth date, gender, address and other personal details. Once you register with one of our services, you are not anonymous to us.
How we use the Personal Information TPN cookie information to enable the following ad serving features:
- Passing information about you to the publisher database when you register on their site .
- Passing information about you to an advertiser when you respond to an offer and opt-in.
- Passing information about you to other companies or people for marketing or research purposes.
From time to time TPN will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people for marketing or research purposes.
By registering and/or completing questions on TPNs network you are providing your consent for this to happen.
You may unsubscribe from the service at any time, which will have the effect of withdrawing your consent.
In addition we may provide your details to other companies when;
- We need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies that work on behalf of TPN to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, sister companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf.
- We are required by law to disclose the information.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures.
We restrict access to personal information to TPN employees and sister companies contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use TPN services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
© TPN 2013 (BeyondD Pty Ltd)